St. Lucia citizenship by investment. Assistance in obtaining
Since 2016, another program is available on the market. Like its neighbors in the region, the island of St. Lucia now offers wealthy individuals the opportunity to purchase a second passport. This scheme has rapidly won popularity among customers around the world. It is now regarded as the simplest and most accessible.
The best thing about it is that the individual does not have to leave the historic motherland to become a citizen of this small Caribbean state. It is possible to invest remotely, and the due diligence is done online. Prices are reasonable, and processing times are the fastest. This makes the program very attractive. In this piece, we will take a closer look at what procedures include the citizenship by investment St Lucia scheme, who can get the document, how much it costs, and how long you have to wait.
Why choose Saint Lucia
Traditional ways of obtaining legal status or residency include naturalization, namely long-term residency in the country. To get a “golden passport” it is not necessary to move, learn a new language or pass a history exam. Citizenship-by-investment programs usually have minimal requirements for applicants. It is not a surprise that today there are many options for investors to select from among different jurisdictions. It all depends on the goals and circumstances of the individual or family.
Why should one consider this scheme carefully when choosing a country to acquire the second passport? Let’s look at the main advantages:
- The official language is English. The country has developed industry and agriculture, and of course – the tourism industry. It is a good place for recreation and life with a mild climate and pleasant surroundings.
- As for the program St. Lucia citizenship by investment, the minimum amount of investment is at least USD 100 000. The petition procedure from filing to obtaining a passport takes 3–4 months.
- Citizens of this country can freely travel to EU countries, Great Britain, Singapore, and others. In total, you can visit 140 countries without a visa.
- The island has a favorable tax regime. For international asset owners, it is an opportunity to optimize the tax burden.
- The investor can recover the costs in a few years by selling the acquired real estate at a profit.
It is also important that the second passport can get not only the investor, but his relatives – spouses, children, and parents. This provides ample opportunities for the whole family.
Benefits of the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program
This economic scheme is one of the best available today for several reasons:
- In general, Caribbean programs are much cheaper than European ones;
- You can get a second passport in six months;
- An investor can include spouses, children, and parents in the application;
- There are 4 options for participation in the program for individuals and large investors;
- No need to give up your first passport;
- Nationals have tax preferences on income received outside the island.
And most importantly, the St Lucia citizenship by investment program is completely confidential. And the state does not make any distinction between persons who have received status by birth and those who have bought a passport. Documents look the same. You will not have problems when crossing borders or opening bank accounts.
A foreign private investor may choose one of the following options to participate in the program:
- Buy a residential property worth at least $200,000. The government has approved a list of properties available for purchase in frames of St. Lucia for citizenship by investment program. Mandatory condition – the house or villa cannot be sold within five years. However, the owner may rent out the property. Typically, these objects are located on the beachfront and are in demand. Local real estate agents will be happy to take over the management of the house and will take care of permanent rentals and guarantee a constant income.
- Non-refundable contribution to the National Economic Fund. The feature of this option is that the cost is much lower. That’s why single investors often choose this one. Minimum investment amount of $100,000 for a single applicant. For a married couple, $140,000; for a family of 4, the amount is $150,000.
- Owners of significant capital interested in doing business on the island, can select the approved commercial project and invest up to $3.5 million. The obligatory condition is the creation of at least three permanent jobs.
- The last option available suitable for families of 4 people is the purchase of government bonds worth up to 300,000 dollars.
Regardless of the type selected, each applicant pays an additional $7,500 for due diligence.
St Lucia citizenship program document requirements
When an investor contacts the Fintech Harbor team, our legal team carefully examines the needs and suggests the best program. We also help collect and prepare all documents required by the government.
St Lucia citizenship by investment required documents are:
- Passport and curriculum vitae (resume) for each applier;
- For spouses – marriage certificates, for children – birth certificates;
- Proof of address;
- A bank statement to prove you have enough money to invest.
All documents must be translated into English and apostilled. Our specialists will take care of it. Also, the state authorities are conducting a thorough check on all individuals, so we advise you to render only truthful information. Attempts to falsify documents will result in fines, rejection, and disqualification from the program.
As part of international anti-money laundering agreements, state authorities verify the origin of funds. We can help you bring your documents into compliance and pass the check. If our team has the slightest doubt as to the successful outcome, we will notify you immediately.
Saint Lucia Citizenship Acquisition process
To get a “golden passport” an investor needs to take a few steps:
- Step 1 – Get a confidential consultation with Fintech Harbor immigration lawyers. During the meeting, we will clarify your goals, circumstances, and plans. Our experienced consultants will suggest the best option from the available economic schemes for you and your family. Of course, we work under NDA terms, thus you can be assured of security and confidentiality.
- Step 2 – Collect documents and prepare to apply. We will help you get your financial history in order and present all aspects of your background in the most attractive light. We’ll also take care of the translation and apostilling of passports and other documents.
- Step 3 – Application and verification. Usually, the waiting period is 4–5 months. During this time, the official representative may send requests to provide additional information regarding the background or origin of the applicant’s funds.
- Step 4 – Deposit the amount of investment into the state fund or purchase of approved real estate.
- Step 5 – Confirmation of legal status acquisition from the state and issue of a passport.
St. Lucia citizenship by investment is a fast and accessible scheme to get a second passport of the Caribbean state. The application process is simple, and the conditions are transparent. The good news for investors who want to maintain confidentiality is that the list of program participants is not published anywhere and is not available to third parties.
The minimum value of a non-refundable public organisation investment is $100,000 per applicant. For each additional person, there will be a $15,000 surcharge. If you choose to invest in real estate, the minimum value is $200,000. Government bonds start from $300,000.
Yes, both single persons and members of the same household can apply. Spouses, children under 30, parents over 55, and siblings under 18 can be included. An additional fee will be required for each applicant. Also, each kin group member must pass a background check. All group members must have a clean background and no criminal record.
The program is currently considered one of the fastest. Provided all the documents are ready, the state authorities carry out the verification quickly. In just 4–5 months, the applicant can become a legal status holder. Investments in the state fund or the purchase of real estate from an approved developer are executed only after preliminary confirmation is received. Therefore, you can be fully confident that your finances are safe.
*Your contact information will be used for our inner purposes and only with the aim to provide you with the best business solutions.